Chair Casters for Hardwood Floors - Clerical or Executive Chairs
Grip Ring Stem size is 7/16" Diameter x 7/8" Long
These chair casters are for use on Hardwood or ANY hard floor surface. Many home owners and businesses are tearing out carpeting and installing wood floors. To protect these floors you need to use a soft wheel. Although most recommendations are for a soft rubber wheel on hardwood, a soft polyurethane caster wheel can also be used on hardwood floors.
Most of the office chairs that are manufactured today come with twin wheel nylon casters. This type of caster, specifically the nylon wheel, can be used on carpeting but it will mark and scratch all wood floors. It happens because the nylon wheels don’t roll, they slide. When they slide, they mark or scratch the floor. Our selection of hard wood chair casters is the ideal solution for this problem. The soft rubber wheels on our chair casters for hardwood floors will not mark or scratch the floors.
The Chrome Caster, our Elite series, offers both soft rubber wheels for hardwood floors and a stylish polyurethane wheel which can be used on either hardwood floors or carpeting. The soft rubber wheel is available in both 2″ and 3″ diameters. Although we do not recommend any caster for a SOFT WOOD floor such as Pine, the Elite series with it’s extra soft rubber wheels has been used successfully on SOFT WOOD floors.
We believe these are the finest chair casters ever made. They will protect and roll easily on hard floor surfaces.
2" and 3" Diameter Soft Gray Rubber Executive Chair Casters
If your weight exceeds 200 lbs, we suggest you consider using casters with at least 3" diameter wheels. 3" diameter wheels roll easier than 2" diameter wheels. Polyurethane and Soft Rubber wheels are floor protective. Polyurethane rolls easier but is less resilient.
Please read the Features & Benefits below before selecting a Chair Caster:
- Designed for frequent movement on an Executive or Clerical chair.
- Grip Ring Stem size is 7/16″ Diameter x 7/8″ Long
- Soft rubber wheels will protect any hard floor surface: hardwood, ceramic tile, marble, cement or extra thick plastic mats.
- The Crown Tread on the wheels enhance the ability to swivel or change direction.
- Precision sealed ball bearing in the wheel provides easy rolling and never needs maintenance.
- The swivel bearing has two heat treated raceways for easy swiveling and long caster life.
- Bright chrome finish gives a clean, elegant appearance.
- Gray Soft Rubber wheels are available in 2″ or 3″ diameter and are recommended for hard floors.
- We do not warrant any wheel for a SOFT WOOD Floor. However, in many instances the Elite Caster with a Gray Extra Soft Rubber wheel has performed without harming the soft wood.