Chair Casters for Hardwood Floors -
With a Grip Ring Stem
These chair casters are for use on Hardwood or ANY hard floor surface. Many home owners and businesses are tearing out carpeting and installing wood floors. To protect these floors you need to use a soft wheel.
Most of the office chairs that are manufactured today come with twin wheel nylon casters. This type of caster, specifically the nylon wheel, can be used on carpeting but it will mark and scratch all wood floors. It happens because the nylon wheels don’t roll, they slide. When they slide, they mark or scratch the floor.
Our selection of hard wood chair casters is the ideal solution for this problem. The soft rubber wheels on our chair casters for hardwood floors will not mark or scratch the floors.
Scroll down the page and choose your favorite. The most important thing is to make sure that the stem of the caster will FIT your chair. The stem type and size are critical. All of the casters on this page have 7/16″ Diameter Grip Ring Stems. Click on the link below to learn how to correctly measure your stem so your replacement casters will fit perfectly.
We do not recommend any wheel to roll on soft wood, cork, or hard wood with a rating below 1360 on the Janka Scale. Casters with soft rubber wheels provide the best floor protection for hard wood floors. “Engineered” hard wood flooring has a thin wood veneer bonded to a substrate material. We recommend that the hard wood veneer be at least 1/4″ thick if the caster wheel is soft rubber, and 1/2″ thick if the caster wheel is polyurethane. We advise that you consult with the manufacturer of the flooring before using casters on their product. We can not guarantee that the substrate of “Engineered” flooring will not compress. All that we warranty is the construction and quality of our casters.
Which Chair Caster should I pick? Depends on what you need:
The Black Hooded Twin Wheel Caster is available with 50mm Polyurethane Wheels. This caster will work well on either hard floor surfaces or short pile carpet. It will not mark or scratch any hardwood floors.
The Casters with Twin Soft Rubber Wheels are a popular choice. They are available with 2″ wheels ( 50mm ), 2 3/8″ wheels ( 60mm) and 3″ wheels ( 75mm ). The soft rubber wheels neither scratch nor mark hard wood or any hard floor surface. Available in Black or Two Tone Gray.
The Chrome Caster, our Elite series, offers both soft rubber wheels for hardwood floors and a stylish polyurethane wheel which can be used on either hardwood floors or carpeting. The soft rubber wheel is available in both 2″ and 3″ diameters. Although we do not recommend any caster for a SOFT WOOD floor such as Pine, the Elite series with it’s extra soft rubber wheels has been used successfully on SOFT WOOD floors.
If you are in a chair many hours each day and your weight exceeds 200 lbs, we suggest you consider using casters with at least 3" diameter wheels. Capacity is only one factor in determining the proper caster.
Chair and Furniture Caster Wheels
Chair Caster with Gray Soft Rubber Wheel
- Capacity up to 70 lbs. per caster.
- 2″ x 3/4″ Non-marking dark gray soft rubber wheel.
- Recommended for any hard floor surface: hardwood, ceramic tile, marble, cement, extra thick plastic mats.
- Double Ball Bearing swivel.
- Black finish.
- Mounted Height – 2 1/2″
- Grip Ring Stem – 7/16″ x 7/8″
70 lbs Max Capacity
Part Number: MCFC-RF2-GR2-BK
Hooded Chair Casters with Black Polyurethane Tires
- 50mm ( 2″ ) Wheel Diameter
- Capacity to 70 lbs. per caster.
- Mounted Height is 2 1/4″.
- Recommended for any hard floor surface: hardwood, ceramic tile, marble,
cement, extra thick plastic mats. Can also be used on short pile carpet.
- When used on carpet, normal carpet wear can be expected.
- Color: Flat Black ( Only )
- Nylon Body – Hooded
- Grip Ring Stem – 7/16″ x 7/8″
50mm 2" Wheel
70 lbs Max Capacity
Part Number: TWN-HU50BK-GR2
If you need sockets to mount this caster, click the button:
Elite Chrome Casters with Soft Gray Rubber Tires
If your weight exceeds 200 lbs, we suggest you consider using casters with at least 3" diameter wheels. 3" diameter wheels roll easier than 2" diameter wheels. Polyurethane and Soft Rubber wheels are floor protective. Polyurethane rolls easier but is less resilient.
Please read the Features & Benefits below before selecting a Chair Caster:
- Designed for frequent movement on an Executive or Clerical chair.
- Grip Ring Stem size is 7/16″ Diameter x 7/8″ Long
- Soft rubber wheels will protect any hard floor surface: hardwood, ceramic tile, marble, cement or extra thick plastic mats.
- The Crown Tread on the wheels enhance the ability to swivel or change direction.
- Precision sealed ball bearing in the wheel provides easy rolling and never needs maintenance.
- The swivel bearing has two heat treated raceways for easy swiveling and long caster life.
- Bright chrome finish gives a clean, elegant appearance.
- Gray Soft Rubber wheels are available in 2″ or 3″ diameter and are recommended for hard floors.
- We do not warrant any wheel for a SOFT WOOD Floor. However, in many instances the Elite Caster with a Black Extra Soft Rubber wheel has performed without harming the soft wood.